Saturday, August 14, 2010

Traveling Light

I’ve sold my clothes and my shoes.
I’ve sold my furniture and everything hanging on my walls.
I’ve sold my lawn mower and my house.
I’ve sold all my photography gear and closed the studio where I’ve worked for 20 years.
I’ve left nothing in storage and gotten rid of everything I own except what I can carry.
It's been incredibly liberating to watch all my stuff disappear.
I’ve left behind everyone I know and everything that’s familiar to me.
I’ve stepped off a cliff into complete and utter uncertainty.
I’m traveling the world...embracing the unforeseen and reveling in the unexpected.

7 comments:

  1. I'm in awe and have great admiration for your decision to travel. Clearly, you are on a sole searching mission and I wish you the best in finding yourself! See you on the flipside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats John! Best of luck! I'll look forward to reading all about...

    ReplyDelete
  3. John: I showed your picture to Raymond, and he laughed out loud and then said you had a nice butt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!...you have the spirit of wanderlust and the heart of a pirate!...

    Safe and happy travels to you, my friend!...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you in spirit..safe and wonderful travels John.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the coolest person I know!
    Love the picture!! Send me a postcard. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE IT.... that's the kind of decluttering and courage called for today!

    ReplyDelete