Friday, July 4, 2008

The First Date

A coupla weeks ago I went on a first date with a woman I met at a party a few days earlier.  We got together for drinks, then went for a walk in the park.  

A warm breeze was blowing, a full yellow moon was rising...all very romantic.  As we reached the end of a secluded pier jutting out into the lake, she kicked off her high heels, leaned against the railing, spread her arms wide, and switched on a neon sign above her head that said "Kiss me now!"

As I stepped towards her, I heard a loud splash and thought "That's either a really big frog...or I just kicked one of her really expensive shoes into the lake."  I'm thinking about getting a tattoo that says "Smooth Operator."

She was a really good sport about it though...and no, I didn't dive in to search for her sunken sole.  Turns out there's a website where you can buy just one shoe...as long as it's one of the five really hideous styles they carry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment