Friday, October 3, 2008

Strange Signs and Ominous Omens


I saw this sign outside a hospital today. Seriously.

My thoughts were:
a. Is this a clinic where firemen can be surgically attached at the hip in order to be doubly effective?
b. A dating club for fire fighters who want to “hook up” with conjoined twins?
c. A place where firemen can adopt Siamese cats?
d. A space where members of the Firefighters Association are rehearsing an upcoming production of The King And I?
e. A nursing placement agency operating as a front for a mail-order bride service for firemen who want wives from Thailand (this seems unlikely)
f. A fetish/swingers club
g. A psychological experiment to see how many people would inquire at the front desk
h. The word “connection” is misspelled and should actually read “correction”. It’s a clinic for conjoined firefighters who want to go their separate ways.
g. More data needed.

If you know the answer, please contact me.

3 comments:

  1. It's the Department of Siamese Connection and it's on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the weirdest signs I've ever read. Ever find out what it means?

    JL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have passed by the Siamese connections all of your life and not even known it. If you are like me, you probably have conked your knee on one at least one when walking by a building. A Siamese connection is not a dope dealer from Thailand. It is a Y-shaped fitting used in fire-fighting. It is typically installed on the sides of buildings. The Y design allows for two fire hoses to be connected to the same standpipe simultaneously. I only know this as I have had to review building schematics for the hospital in which I office.

    ReplyDelete