Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Random Things About Me


All of the following are true except one:
1. I’ve worked as a roustabout on an off-shore oil rig, funeral home attendant, waiter, TV news reporter, disc jockey, pizza delivery guy, marketing manager for an international publishing company, car rental agent and an extra in a Jackie Chan film.
2. I’ve received at least 20 speeding tickets in my life, 2 of which were on the same day!
3. I saw former Vice President of the United States Spiro Agnew in a bar in Thailand.
4. I spent a week in a thatched hut on a remote island and woke up one night to find a huge cockroach crawling on my face.
5. I was born with an extra toe on my left foot. I had it removed, but it keeps growing back.
6. I’ve completed a marathon and 2 half marathons.
7. I visited my high school art teacher in jail and served communion with him to the congregation of a gay church all in the same weekend.
8. I’m terrified of heights…and I’ve jumped out of an airplane at 11,000 feet.
9. I’ve crossed the equator 6 times.
10. I once interviewed the singer Tom Jones.
11. I’ve photographed 4 governors of Texas as well as the princesses of Morocco.
12. I had a very strange encounter with Miles Davis.
13. One of my worst fears is dancing in public...complete strangers have made fun of me!
14. My favorite band is Earth, Wind & Fire.
15. Within the last month I shoplifted 2 packs of gum from the grocery store because I didn’t want to wait in line.
16. I’ve been knocked unconscious, fallen off a ladder while holding a running chain saw, had stitches in my head 6 times, dislocated my jaw, broken my nose, fractured my skull and had surgery but have never spent the night in a hospital.
17. None of these injuries were received as a result of the 4 motorcycle accidents and at least 10 car accidents in which I've been involved. I once rolled a car upside down in a ditch and walked away without a scratch.
18. The person I’d most like to have dinner with is James Taylor
19. My legs are embarassingly skinny...I don't know how they hold me up!
20. I have vomited underwater while scuba diving
21. In my high school graduating class of 100 people was a guy who survived the terrorist bombings in Bali, a woman who is a well-known children’s author, the brother of the first blind mountaineer to summit Mt. Everest, and the woman who played the the mom in “Home Alone 3”.
22. I've never met an Australian i didn't like.
23. I wish I went bowling more often.
24. While waiting for a bus in Hong Kong, some tourists asked me for directions. As it turned out, one of them was born in the tiny town of Ruston, Louisiana where my uncle Carl was an obstetrician. He delivered her.
25. I don’t like beets, but I try them about once every 5 years to make sure that’s still the case. It is.

1 comment:

  1. Can I have your life for a day? I think it is number 5.

    JG in Tulsa

    ReplyDelete