Wednesday, February 25, 2009

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish


Two of the main reasons I wanted to come to Honduras were to scuba dive and learn how to take photographs underwater. I've done 12 dives in the past 14 days, several of them at a depth of around 90 feet, and am learning a lot about buoyancy and breathing....two skills that come in handy when I'm NOT diving as well!


I got to do three fantastic dives today with the staff of Utopia Dive Village. We saw an incredible and surreal variety of flora and fauna including a very annoyed moray eel who did not like having his picture taken. That thing makes Beelzebub look like Casper the Friendly Ghost!


Check out this video of some of the caves we swam through...I bonked my head a few times looking through the camera instead of where I was going. Do not be alarmed by the sound of me hyper-ventilating in the background...the good news about peeing in your wetsuit is that nobody notices, and you get that warm, reassuring feeling right when you need it most.

There's a special bonus feature at the end where the dive master does his underwater impersonation of Michael Jackson.

Kids do NOT try this at home!

2 comments:

  1. fantastic! keep it comin', Super Hombre de Agua!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dood... if i didn't know you were my most favorite strobe man in the world (among other things), i'd fire you for not taking me with you!! turns out though, i get to see honduras in april!! looks like you are having a blast! miss ya.

    ReplyDelete