Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Adios Amigo!


This morning I had this vague feeling that I haven't had the entire time I've been in Honduras. And then it dawned on me...I have to put on long pants and socks and shoes for the first time in a month and return to the "real" world.

I've become friends with this guy named Corvin who's the captain of one of the dive boats I've been out on several times. He's completely deaf and doesn't speak at all, and I haven't seen him interacting much with anyone other than the staff and the dive masters. He's pretty gregarious with them, but pretty shy around the gringos.

He and I communicate with grins and handshakes and fist bumps and thumbs up and the random squeaks he makes that kinda sound like bird calls. He saw me at a restaurant the other night and came over grinning ear-to-ear and shook my hand like I had just won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes and gave me a big bear hug.

I talk way too much anyway.

Adios, mi amigo!

2 comments:

  1. John,
    If you print this blog up, complete with photos, and sell it as a book, I'll totally buy five copies for my mother.
    May I ask that they be signed?
    --Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love, for sharing your beautiful adventure. You are awesomely wonderful at this. Maybe you should think about a travel show all your own. I'm sure everyone you met loved meeting you.

    ReplyDelete