Monday, May 4, 2009

Ethiopian Encounter


There's an obscure story in the Bible about a chance encounter between an Ethiopian eunuch and a guy named Philip who hitches a ride in the eunuch's chariot and then vanishes without paying the fare. The "Eunuch's Chariot"...isn't that the name of the new hybrid car from Chrysler?

But I digress...last night, my friend Tracey and I caught a cab driven by an Ethiopian guy named Abraham. We struck up a conversation, and when we arrived at our destination, I asked him to write down the name of the musician we'd be listening to on the car stereo.

Instead, Abraham pressed "eject" and handed me the CD. I protested, but he insisted. I loves me some international hospitality...thanks Abraham! The artist's name is Teddy Afro... you can check out his music here.


In the Bible story, Philip ends up baptizing the Ethiopian eunuch before evaporating into thin air. Instead, Tracey and I went skinny-dipping. The water was kinda chilly, so I sorta felt like a eunuch if you know what I mean andithinkyoudo.


Our late night adventure took place at the Hotel St. Cecilia. Turns out she's the patron saint of musicians and church music...I loves me some synchronicity!

No comments:

Post a Comment